• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which one do you like better, the SLC or the SV. (1 Viewer)

bh46118

I haven't seen the recent SLC, so I can't really make a valid statement about them . For those who have seen both, which one did you prefer ?

Bruce

I haven't seen the recent SLC, so I can't really make a valid statement about them . For those who have seen both, which one did you prefer ?

Bruce

Let's please add a second part to your question: If you have tried both, do you think the SV EL is worth $790 more than the SLC?

Brock

Last edited:
SLC BINOCULARS – ALWAYS A GOOD CHOICE

That's the subject heading in the email I received a few minutes ago from Swarovski Optic.

Bruce
Definitely the SV. I like the sharp edges. It is unique. I notice no RB. The SV is worth the $790 because of it's unique sharp edges and better color saturation than the SLC.

Last edited:
Let's please add a second part to your question: If you have tried both, do you think the SV EL is worth $790 more than the SLC?

Brock

Brock:

Welcome back, I hope you can offer some good advice on the Swarovski roof
types, as I suppose you have had time to compare them for yourself.

The question did not mention price, and it does not need to, but on how those that have used or looked through them prefer one over the other.

Jerry

Brock

When you are called away from this earth to be with the Lord, will you not leave behind at least $790 extra dollars ? :-O

Brock

Brock

When you are called away from this earth to be with the Lord, will you not leave behind at least $790 extra dollars ? :-O

Bruce Almighty,

To borrow from a fellow BF member, I think we've seen this movie before, rerun several times.

First it was with the 10x42 BP, the sharpest bin in the world, a tad sharper than the even the 10x42 EL! You inquired if anyone thought the 10x42 SE, which you owned for 60 seconds, was as good as your 10x42 BP. Well, since you are the only person on BF who owns a 10x42 BP, no comparos there, but you found the SE lacking even though it is widely considered as a reference standard in its class. It could be you had a bad sample. I've tried or owned eight SEs, and I found them to be the most consistent series of bins I've used, but you never know so I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

But here's the kicker, you were worried you had paid too much for it, because you saw it for sale for $100 or so less elsewhere and also thought you could buy one for cheaper used (this was before the SE was discontinued). So you're a fine one to talk about being cheap! :smoke:

Now it seems you are looking for reassurance that you didn't blow $800 extra on the SV EL when the 10x42 SLC-HD might be just as good.

Don't worry about it. When you are called away from this earth to be with the Lord, will you not leave behind at least $790 extra dollars? o:D

You already have the greatest bin in the world (SV EL) and the sharpest bin in the known universe (BP), so why not rest assured on what you already have is as good as it gets instead of "chasing rainbows" with yet another "Is my bin better than yours" thread? We already have too many of those from you-know-who.

Go forth, brother Bruce, and enjoy yourself while you're still in the pink and don't worry about how the SV EL compares to other bins even if the 10x42 SF might be even better. ;)

<B>

That was a real hoot. Totally clueless bulls--t as always, but entertaining if you enjoy drama and fiction. Also, the Minox is a 10X44. And to think I worried about and even created a thread asking about the well being of this condescending dude.

Sorry to say, but I think Brock just verbalized what some of us are thinking - this thread is more about you wanting to vindicate your SV as the ''best ever'', with the same happening in the SF threads.

What I have learned from this place is there is only ever going to be a ''best ever'' for you but not everyone so it is a waste of time to try for conversions. Believe me, I know, as I spent way too much time trying to bring in new Zeiss converts.....I hardly bother now as I could care less if Tom, Dick, Harry or Harriet feel the same way as I do. It's like trying to tell someone what kind of ice-cream to buy.

Sorry to say, but I think Brock just verbalized what some of us are thinking - this thread is more about you wanting to vindicate your SV as the ''best ever'', with the same happening in the SF threads.

What I have learned from this place is there is only ever going to be a ''best ever'' for you but not everyone so it is a waste of time to try for conversions. Believe me, I know, as I spent way too much time trying to bring in new Zeiss converts.....I hardly bother now as I could care less if Tom, Dick, Harry or Harriet feel the same way as I do. It's like trying to tell someone what kind of ice-cream to buy.

Mmmmm,

I just see a valid question.
"For those who have seen both, which one did you prefer?".

Nothing more to it.

JMHO

Jan

Are you and Brock clairvoyant, you seem to understand things about me that I didn't know about myself. If you believe that I need vindication from you, a sour, depressing person that I don't know, for any decision, you are very much mistaken. You never have one positive thing to say.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back