• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

nikon 10x50 WX vs Swarovision 10x50 (and others) (1 Viewer)

bockos

Hi,
I want to ask is there someone that knows anything about the new Nikon 10x50 WX, and is there someone who make a comparison with swarovision 10x50?
Which is better binocular in terms of resolution, contrast, brightness and clarity?
What is the difference between them?
Is the Swarovision 10x50 the best binocular on the market now and
is there someone who make a comparison with the new zeiss sf 10x42 t* (or the new leica noctvid) and is it better than Swarovision?
I want to know which is the best bino 10x42/10x50 currently available now.
Thank and best regards!

Hi,
I want to ask is there someone that knows anything about the new Nikon 10x50 WX, and is there someone who make a comparison with swarovision 10x50?
Which is better binocular in terms of resolution, contrast, brightness and clarity?
What is the difference between them?
Is the Swarovision 10x50 the best binocular on the market now and
is there someone who make a comparison with the new zeiss sf 10x42 t* (or the new leica noctvid) and is it better than Swarovision?
I want to know which is the best bino 10x42/10x50 currently available now.
Thank and best regards!

Hi Bockos,

I don't think there is any comparising to do between the Nikon and the SV or any other model in this matter.
The Nikon is unique (also in price) and AFAIK not available on the market yet.
FWIW, my 50 choice would be the SV, followed by the SF in 42.
Using them primarely of astronomy, the FUJINON FMTRSX 10x50 might do the job also.

Just my 2 cents.

Jan

There has been a lot of speculation of the Nikon WX on Cloudy Nights,
but few facts-I wonder what is that special about the WX that rates
a reported $6500US price tag and around 5# weight.

Not real useful for handheld birding- what will be it use?

edj

Last edited:
Hi,

see Holger's article on the WX... the cutaway image explains the weight and the price... these monsters are almost filled with glass...

http://www.holgermerlitz.de/nikon_wx/nikon_wx.html

And what they're for - quite easy, they are the ultimate wide field instrument for astronomy... 9 and 11.7 deg true field for the 10x and 7x pairs... with a flat field to the edge. Weight is not so much of a concern there... but a bit more aperture would have been welcome...

Joachim

The new Nikon WX is a very nice effort it seems and it shows what Nikon can do with
a binocular designed for astronomy.

It is not a birding binocular, too heavy handheld, but can be tripod mounted.

Jerry

Hi,

see Holger's article on the WX... the cutaway image explains the weight and the price... these monsters are almost filled with glass...

http://www.holgermerlitz.de/nikon_wx/nikon_wx.html

And what they're for - quite easy, they are the ultimate wide field instrument for astronomy... 9 and 11.7 deg true field for the 10x and 7x pairs... with a flat field to the edge. Weight is not so much of a concern there... but a bit more aperture would have been welcome...

Joachim
It would be interesting to have it split into a single tube IS scope. Less cost and weight?

Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back