• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Olive-sided flycatcher? (1 Viewer)

dumptruck

I was in the vicinity of the Philadelphia Museum of Art today and I heard three "phip" sounds in a row. This was repeated, but always as a triplet of the same sound. The bird making the noise was alone in the top of a bare tree and was about 6-8 inches. I didn't have my optics, but the bird was greyish with a darker slight crest. Olive-sided flycatcher? Is there anything else that fits this description?

Olive-sided Flycatcher? Not this time of year! Don't know what it could be though - I'm not very good at ID via description.

Right, I hear you with the timing comment. I think the bird's call seems to be the most salient feature. Anyone know which other birds make a similar call?

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back