• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Long Eared Owls (1 Viewer)

jeaton789

Does anyone know if there are still LEOs roosting at Marton Mere, Blackpool?
If so, whereabouts on the reserve are they?
Many thanks in advance.

No offence Jeaton but I would hope no-one on here will answer your question for you. Here in the Connecticut we don't report owl sightings (although this is a state by state decision). In my opinion posting owl roost info on a public forum is a surefire way to ensure that the roost isn't around much longer. The best way to find owls is to do some research on the favoured habitat and get out there and find them yourself - it's a much more satisfying way of seeing the birds as well :t:
Luke

Last edited:
The birds have been reported on RBA for a while, I would imagine they are still there. There are some older threads on here about the birds. I was lucky enough to see them myself just before xmas- although they are not easy to see and there is a big area to cover when looking. pm me if you need any info, I may be able to help.
jim.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back