• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Friends of Red Kites - in the North East of England (5 Viewers)

Amazing pic, enjoyed being behind the scope at far pastures watching them on Saturday, can never get bored of watching kites.

10 years on and they still excite me.

Absolutely right I still get really excited when i see these especially close up. Were you the lad showing me the excellent pictures of the kingfishers on your tablet?

That is a cracking shot, Paul. It would be a very good entry for our Photographic competition - can I persuade you to send this one in, then I shan't use it.
At present it is safely in your folder on my PC :)

June
I am trying to persuade our best local photographer to submit his pictures He could really highlight the talent we have in the North East and showcase these fantastic birds we have on our doorstep.

If we are really short I will put this in to make up the numbers but I'm a bird watcher before a photographer. There are loads of great photographers in the area with a lot of great material and with pictures already on the website I would hope we could show off our local talent.

Paul

Red Kites Photographic competition

At present, Paul, we have NO entries :-(

None of us is a professional photographer and the judging will reflect this.
So go on, have a go and encourage anyone you know to support us.

June

I am trying to persuade our best local photographer to submit his pictures He could really highlight the talent we have in the North East and showcase these fantastic birds we have on our doorstep.

If we are really short I will put this in to make up the numbers but I'm a bird watcher before a photographer. There are loads of great photographers in the area with a lot of great material and with pictures already on the website I would hope we could show off our local talent.

Paul

Kites Today

Three of my only showable pictures from today. I had obviously accidentally knocked the setting on my camera so the exposures were ruined. The rest have been deleted.:-C

Attachments

• kite 21.jpg
    kite 21.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 32
  • kitee.jpg
    kitee.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 36
  • kite 31.jpg
    kite 31.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 36
I know the feeling...................

Yes, it happens to the best of us!!

I was out all afternoon in the Area circuit of Shotley bridge/Carterway Heads/ Kiln Pit Hill/ Ebchester/ Shotley Bridge with one of our Survey Team. We saw nothing and ended up having a coffee in The Punchbowl at Edmundbyers, which is very pleasant.
Got home and looked out into the back graden and guess who was there, on one of the feeders? My Green Parakeet is back - yippee! He is gorgeous!

Three of my only showable pictures from today. I had obviously accidentally knocked the setting on my camera so the exposures were ruined. The rest have been deleted.:-C

One from yesterday. As for knocking the settings, I've done that a few times and my next camera will lock them.

Attachments

• Kite.jpg
    Kite.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 38
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back