• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panjin, Liaoning, China (1 Viewer)

Owen Krout

United States
It's been a long day and maybe my brain is shutting down. Let's see what you think about these. Taken over a large reservoir area.

Seems like I should be able to get the first but just not able to match that dark 'hood' extending down onto the chest. Good enough pictures that I am sure I am missing something obvious.

Last pic is much harder and I have an idea but want to see what you might think. It just turned tomorrow so I think I'll check this again in the morning.

Attachments

• NT4A0539.jpg
    NT4A0539.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 43
  • NT4A0549.jpg
    NT4A0549.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 45
  • NT4A0551.jpg
    NT4A0551.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 37
  • NT4A0689.jpg
    NT4A0689.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 41
Thanks. Gadwall is new for me and works with some other observations later in the day. Great Cormorant I first recorded last week with a very close encounter, so I was leaning that way already.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back