Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Help with MA research

Old Monday 26th November 2012, 23:12   #1
stezbot

Help with MA research

Hello!

I've been searching through books and online for this info, but what I need is a list of birds common to the North East of England, specifically Teesside, the surrounding coast and the moors.

My MA is Fashion and the Environment, and my collection is to full on craftsmanship using my background, heritage and upbringing as inspiration for imagery to create something truly authentic. It's kind of also a memoir of my grandparents. Whilst my Grandad wasn't a bird-watcher, he had one of those clocks with a bird that would sing on every hour. And it's this image, along with just a general appreciation of where I was brought up, that I want to include birds somehow in my collection, as prints or embroidery. It's also I guess a symbol of transience and migration, but how we always come back home...

SO! If anyone is able to give me names of common birds, or ones that are synonymous with the region, I would be so so grateful. Or if you have any advice/tips about where I could look for this information.

And actually, as the collection and research is about story-telling and narrative through craftsmanship, and bird-watching is a craft in itself, perhaps you would like to indulge me with stories of your adventures bird-watching in the North East, or how you became interested in; anything at all.

Thanks for your time!
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: