• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Embarrassing (1 Viewer)

snowyowl

The other day I glanced out to see a couple of woodpeckers on my peanut feeder. I even got pictures that I posted to my gallery and on FB labeling them as Downy Woodpeckers.. I was really pleased to get shot of a juvie Downy. A few hours later I looked again at the two birds and realized that they weren't Downies but were in fact Hairies.
I've had Downies at those feeders all year but never saw a Hairy. No problem changing the id. in my gallery but there is no way to change the FB post. I've seen hundreds of the two species over the years but still managed to embarrass myself.:-C

Oh dear Dan! I feel for you.

I don't really know how FB works, can you not delete your picture there altogether? Though I suppose that might mess up any comments you got.

I can't use FB at the moment, there's something wrong with their coding and it's slowing my laptop down to almost a standstill.

Dan - you should be able to edit your post.

In the top right hand corner you should see three dots ...

Click on those and a drop down menu appears

Edit post is the first option.

What spelling do you want changed Dan? Is it the main title;) or something in the main text of your opening post?

I can soon do either for you if you let me know what you want.

LOL Dan - you're welcome.

A quick PM as soon as you realise and I could have done it before.

Mods don't like to automatically change things like this as often it's the OP's choice.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back