• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Helios Fieldmaster ED 85mm & Swarovski e/ps (1 Viewer)

Boogieshrew

Hi,

I found out today that this scope takes Swaro e/ps like my old style Vortex Razor 65mm does. I assume that the Fieldmaster’s other branded clones do too.

Has anyone used the 85mm Fieldmaster or its clones with a Swarovski eyepiece?

I am curious because I have ordered a used one that comes with a swaro 30x e/p. I already have a swaro 30x and 45x, 25-50x and a swaro Astro adapter and a selection of 1.25” e/ps to try on it.

I hope it’s a good sample. I really like Astro e/ps on my Razor and would like to have an 85mm scope for when I need more light gathering. I.e. winter days.

Well I’ve had a few trips out birding with this scope. 5-6 hours in total, dawn day and dusk. And I must say it’s really rather a delight. With 30x, 45x and 25-50x swaro e/ps and even more so with a Baader Morpheus 17.5mm e/p giving very bright super wide and very sharp viewing. Definitely glad I bought it.

Is it basically the same scope as a zen ray model that I remember accepted swaro e/ps?

Out for another three hours this morning, wader and wildfowl watching. This scope really shines with the Baader Morpheus e/ps. The 17.5mm and 12.5mm. The swaro e/ps are very good but the Morpheus are really bright and today the weather was very overcast and rainy and I was out at dawn so they really came into their own. The Morpheus are also excellent with my glasses, allowing my eyes to get as near to the e/p as possible.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back