• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rutland Water Ospreys - West African Trip (1 Viewer)

A CHAPLIN

Hi folks, I am sorry I am late posting this, the trip is nearly over. Three members of the Project Team are spending 4 weeks in Gambia and Senegal, wintering places for many Ospreys and for the first two weeks had groups of volunteers also with them.

Details have been given of the trip in the Blog mentioned below. I was thrilled to see that several ringed Ospreys have been seen, including one ringed in Scotland and I hope we learn where.

http://www.rutlandospreys.blogspot.com/

The team members have been visiting local schools where there are now enthusiastic Osprey watchers.

As mentioned in another thread the more we learn about Ospreys and others routes and wintering sites, the more we can do to protect them, satellite tagging is helping a lot.

In February a full trip report will be given on the Rutland Water Ospreys site.

Not long to go now until March when we can expect to see some of our own Ospreys returning and I hope the weather is a lot better for Marge and EJ this year.

Ann Chaplin
Osprey Godmother :flyaway::flyaway:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back