• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eyepiece guidance (1 Viewer)

Hello all,
I've just picked up the Celeston Regal M2 80mm with the LER 27x eyepiece as a 'damaged' warehouse deal from a certain online retailer. It was more than half price so I figured it was worth the gamble. It arrived and it looks like only its original box had any damage; scope and eyepiece and extras all appear fine.

I had been hoping to spend a bit more time researching the best eyepiece options for this but couldn't really miss this opportunity. Now, I'm wondering where I'd be best to consider investing next? I did have a smaller 60mm cheap scope but its eyepiece is a firmly attached zoom and otherwise I have no scope or eyepieces. I would greatly appreciate any guidance on where to look next for something with a bit more magnification than the 27x and perhaps something that might be good for some casual astro-watching?

I've noticed in other discussions on here that a Barlow might make sense but perhaps with other dedicated eyepieces rather than the 27x.

I'd be very grateful if any other Regal owners had input or anyone with more experience of eyepiece options in general?
Many thanks in advance,

Gordon

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back