• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A good way to conserve birds. (1 Viewer)

Marcelo Padua

I am not sure this category is the best one to post this thread but it seemed like the most apropriate.
We recently had in Brazil our second national birdwatching fair (Avistar 2007) and one of the speakers was Betty Petersen. She is the director of the Birders Exchange Program.
This progam is mantained by the American Birding Association and the receive donations of used equipment, old books, financial donations and gives equipment to researchers, educators and conservationists who promote the conservation of birds in Latin America.
I have met several people who have benefited from this program and I know that they have helped save many birds and generate crutial knowlege about birds, leading to many discoveries.
I am writting this thread because I think many members of this forum can and wish to help.

If you want to learn more about American birding association´s Birder's Exchange program and how to help please visit:

www.americanbirding.org/bex/

Best Wishes,

Marcelo Pena Padua

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back