• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon D70 DSLR spec and review now available (1 Viewer)

Dohh!
Guess who's just bought a Canon 300D because he didn't want to wait for the Nikon......

how to outmarket your opponent lesson 1!

This new body seems to be THE right step in the right place
at the right time for nikon!
Just take a premier market share in the low end with almost high-end
specs!!!!
THAT is a real killer for canon!!!

For the real canon-fans it is also a good one!

because they HAVE to lower their prices/ or boost their specs!!

for all i know this is a win-win situation on the DSLR-market!!!

i wonder who is still shooting film at the end of this year :) ?

greets!!!

Tijn

Last edited:
All the same, you might want to wait for Canon's annoucements (tomorrow probably). And not the expensive 1D that is coming out. Odds are favorable that the 10D will be replaced this year. Also, with Minolta coming out with a dslr that the sensor has image stabilization, probably in the fall it will come out, that may very well be worth waiting for. Imagine, any lens you put on has IS instantly. Now that is revolutionary.

But I would agree with you, the D70 is looking favorable.

Chris,

Is there still time to return it? With PMA just around the corner, you could still get it if you do not like the new models.

Regards

The review says the D70 will be available in March.

It will then take a few weeks for the magazines to test them and more importantly for the price to settle down in shops - usually after the rush to be the first kid on the block to own one!

bcurrie said:
Chris,

Is there still time to return it? With PMA just around the corner, you could still get it if you do not like the new models.

Regards

Nah, we thought about it Brian, but I reckon we'll just have to slum it now with what we've got. It's not as if it's a crap camera is it?

The Nikon USA press release said it will be shipping in Spring 2004, does anyone know of a specific date of arrival, or which stores will be carrying it? I have googled extensively and am coming up with mostly non-english websites :(

In the UK, Warehouse Express are saying that the camera and lens kit will be available mid March, but the body only version will not be available until the summer.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back