• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (42 Viewers)

DISTURBANCE TOMORROW at FLASHES

I have just been told that there is an urgent work party at the Flashes Tomorrow. There will be some disturbance with some of the work out on the lagoons. :t:John

The halfway point of February sees the monthly list on 81 species and the year list on 91. Potential additions in the second half of the month include (year ticks in red):

Wigeon, Pintail, Goldeneye, Goosander, Bittern, Red Kite, Golden Plover, Ringed Plover, Dunlin, Redshank, Yellow-legged Gull, Mediterranean Gull, Tawny Owl, Nuthatch, Rook, Brambling, Linnet, Yellowhammer

The halfway point of February sees the monthly list on 81 species and the year list on 91. Potential additions in the second half of the month include (year ticks in red):

Wigeon, Pintail, Goldeneye, Goosander, Bittern, Red Kite, Golden Plover, Ringed Plover, Dunlin, Redshank, Yellow-legged Gull, Mediterranean Gull, Tawny Owl, Nuthatch, Rook, Brambling, Linnet, Yellowhammer

Had Rook on 3rd February.

I have just had a call off Vern informing me that he had heard the Sad news that Simon Vickers had sadly passed away. We will let you know more as and when we hear. Suffice to say RIP SY

It is with THE HEAVIEST HEART that I have to share the sad news that our dear friend Simon Vickers passed away yesterday evening. He died peacefully in the QE hospital in Birmingham with his family at his side after a short battle with liver disease. condolences to David his brother and all the family R.I.P SY

Last edited:
It is with THE HEAVIEST HEART that I have to share the sad news that our dear friend Simon Vickers passed away yesterday evening. He died peacefully in the QE hospital in Birmingham with his family at his side after a short battle with liver disease. condolences to David his brother and all the family R.I.P SY

Totally gutting news! Unbelievable and so sad. Can someone please tell me when the funeral is arranged and where a card or something can be sent please? Thanks to Vern and Phil for telling me.

I remember how Simon used to wake me up when i was asleep in the Flashes hide. He had just started his photography. A wonderful man.

I have just had a call off Vern informing me that he had heard the Sad news that Simon Vickers had sadly passed away. We will let you know more as and when we hear. Suffice to say RIP SY

That is very sad news. Sy was a larger-than-life character - always welcoming, full of enthusiasm, and splendid company. I always enjoyed his photos: he could do conventional shots superbly well but he also had an eye for the unusual and thought-provoking. He was a great bloke and he will be much missed.

Peter

Sh!t. New he'd been seriously ill but thought (hoped) he was on the road to recovery. Vern - let me know when funeral is please (or post on here).

That's a shocker and very sad to hear. RIP SY

Seems pretty un-important with the loss of SY but just a reminder that the Work party will be busy tomorrow on the Moors. Steve Poole will be digging out a new section of channel at the east side of the North Moors. We will be in Amy's Marsh repairing fencing and treating saplings around the shorelines . ��

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back