• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dowles Brook, Wyre Forest (1 Viewer)

It'll always be the Fred Dale reserve to me......like Star Burst always being Opal Fruits, and Snickers always being Marathon.....:king:

He He...bet Joe had to google those old names...your right though....always marathon/opal fruits.....

When I went for the Hawfinches at the railway bridge in the winter (by the white house...is that the orchard) someone told me that there were Tawnies around....but I don't no where places are - they are just names to me.

Keith

He He...bet Joe had to google those old names...your right though....always marathon/opal fruits.....

When I went for the Hawfinches at the railway bridge in the winter (by the white house...is that the orchard) someone told me that there were Tawnies around....but I don't no where places are - they are just names to me.

Keith

I didn't Keith used pure knowledge ;) No my granddad always use to go down the forest so he told me most things about and around there, + the white house is Lodge Hill farm :p, I know where the old nest boxes where around there I know the Tawnies have been sighted in the area but its like trying to find a needle in a hay stack 8-P

I didn't Keith used pure knowledge ;) No my granddad always use to go down the forest so he told me most things about and around there, + the white house is Lodge Hill farm :p, I know where the old nest boxes where around there I know the Tawnies have been sighted in the area but its like trying to find a needle in a hay stack 8-P

Well some HAS to say it...................It's a HOOT looking for them.....(open the door -I'm leaving.;)

Think the person said The Meadow......but that could be just the roosting site.

Keith :t:

Had a walk down today, to my delight saw 3 Dippers along the brook- 1 adult and 2 juveniles, whilst there was around 6 or 7 young Grey Wagtail accompanied by their parents.

Chris

Not the best for photography light was poor following by getting a heavy shower whilst I was down there around 5ish.

Today's Sightings :

6 Grey Wagtails mostly young ones
10 House martins
2 Robins
1 Chaffinch
2 Young great spotted woodpeckers flying about
1 Buzzard

Been down today not much going on, Got a few images but nothing amazing, just the wagtails down there again and all the other common birds, safe to say I have had better days ;)

Lovely Picture of the Adder rjmartin, I went down yesterday morning and did not see much at all, mind you it is the wrong time of the year for wildlife now, all I normally see this time of year is lots of wagtails in the brook

Went down yesterday with highendofthelow.
Green woodpecker
nuthatch
garden warbler (feeding young)
grey wags
blue tits and great tits (both feeding young)
buzzard (carrying away its lunch)
6 jays
3 dippers (good views of 2 and fleeting glimpse of 3rd)
kingfisher

I went to Blackstone Farm Nature Reserve yesterday to photograph the Poppies before moving on to the Wyre Forest where I spent a couple of hours late afternoon, very few birds around although I was preoccupied with something else ....

A cracking female Adder, very difficult to find but well worth the time spent looking.

Here's a photo:

https://twitter.com/wildliferob/status/351439386577084417

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvpokslAY88

Fabulous sighting! Green with envy!

Thank you Mary, plenty of hours spent looking, they are so good at sneaking off as you approach even when treading carefully, still it paid off eventually :)

Went running down the Forest today for my CC ( Cross-Country ) Anyway I was running down this thin path in the forest and suddenly seen this bird to the right of me and it started to fly off in the same direction as me and I was side by side with a Tawny Owl!! I could see every detail on his face and wings! I ran side by side with the owl for a good 5/6 seconds! Has to be one of the best runs and wildlife experiences I have had yet! Just thought are share my story from today with you :) (This was 7pm ish)

Amazing experience Joe......nearest I have had was Red Legged Partridge keeping in front of the car in the middle of the road...I had to slow right down while it decided which hedge to dive into.....had it happen a couple of times with the R.L.P. ...if it had been a Pheasant it would have ran towards me and get mangled up ;)

Whats the odds you go back to the area with a camera...lol
Keith :t:

A good morning for photography in the forest with image of the day going to the Buzzard really pleased with the images I got, Also seeing the Fox and young walking though the forest, A great morning and weather!

To view the images please use the link to my blog in my signature

Users who are viewing this thread

Back