• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lesser Spots, Leaches Petrel and Little Owl? (1 Viewer)

MarkCaunt

Hi there visiting my sister in Chester in sept. Wondered if anyone could post a good site for seeing Lesser Spotted Woodpecker (a bogie bird of mine!). Coming to a nut feeder would be great! ;) but will settle for looking in a suitable woodland.

Also what about Little Owl? Any good areas for them?
Is the coast near Chester still a good area for Leachs Petrel at the correct time and wind direction?

WOuld appreciate any comments and many thanks to anyone who posts.

Mark
Lessers hard this time of year as not calling / drumming. Best place Marbury Country park, Northwich or Moore Nature Reserve, Moore. Single male in Stanney Woods nr Ellesmere Port but elusive as with roving tit flock.

Leach's best during prolonged N W blow for couple of days. If this happens try mouth of Mersey from Fort Perch at New Brighton on the Wirral.

Little Owl common around the Stoak area near Chester - I've had them from the beer garden of the Bunbury Arms!! (Excellent food & beer).

When are you arriving? pm me your mobile number & I'll let you know if the Leach's start showing.

If you're heading up the Wirral peninsula for Leach's there were Little Owls at Parkgate, from the baths car park, when I was last there.

Graham

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back