• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

For Colinj - spider ID required (1 Viewer)

vicky@glos

Hi Colinj or anyone else who may know this,

I have just found a small spider in my kitchen. He is small about no more than 2 cm big. With Green legs and a goldish/brown abdomin. Can't find him in my nature books - any ideas ?

Maybe able to do a picture of him, if I can get one of him as he is so small.

Vicky@glos
England.

That looks more like an araneid spider which shouldn't be around this early in the year.
I have seen a Lynx spider with a golden brown abdomen and bright green legs sunning itself up here in Northumberland in the last week.
More elongated abdomen with a body built for running, much more like a wolf spider.

That is near too it. This one also has a golden stripe down the middle of the brown section on the top of it's abdomen.

That one in the picture has 6 eyes ?

Anything else that matches the description now ?

Vicky@glos

I don't know you go away for a few days and your house gets taken over.

That last one was Diaea dorsata. The only one with browm and gold stipes that I can find is a male Micrommata virescens.

Attachments

• spider2.jpg
    spider2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 256
Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back