• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your most anticipated futures books (2 Viewers)

I had an e-mail today from Lynx to say that soemthing is on it's way, not sure what, West Indies, Cambodia, Japan?

Last edited:
I had an e-mail today from Lynx to say that soemthing is on it's way, not sure what, West Indies, Cambodia, Japan?

Must be West Indies, as the other ones are still being offered with advance discount. For West Indies, they say "Hot off the press". Have not received my announcement yet.

Must be West Indies, as the other ones are still being offered with advance discount. For West Indies, they say "Hot off the press". Have not received my announcement yet.

Thanks Robert, I'd concluded that myself.

Further to my previous comments regarding the frequency with which Lynx might produce their new titles and bearing in mind that three titles are due almost together, can this be classed as 'pumping out'? (Chris ;))

Last edited:
The new book arrived today and now, having the three titles so far produced in this series which promises to end up at a fairly impressive size, I now have a dilemma!

How do I organise these books, do I keep them together as an attractive set or place each individual volume in the appropriate, geographical spot on the shelf........:king:

The new book arrived today and now, having the three titles so far produced in this series which promises to end up at a fairly impressive size, I now have a dilemma!

How do I organise these books, do I keep them together as an attractive set or place each individual volume in the appropriate, geographical spot on the shelf........:king:

Being you, of course you bought two copies, one for each placement :-O

Niels

'On your second point, surely the bulk of the work is in place somewhere or they couldn't have got these five out so quickly?'

I meant unpublished Chris, waiting in the wings as it were.

No. If you check, you should see that text is bang up-to-date, i.e. May 2019 for West Indies. None of this has been waiting in the wings. It is all freshly-prepared text based on current knowledge, prepared through (depending on each author) fieldwork, museum research, and extensive consultation of published bibliography and online resources, as well as input from local experts. That's not to say that there will be errors and omissions, as with any endeavour. As a conservationist, there seems to me little point in wasting resources by rehashing already existing information.

Anticipated next:
Multimedia Identification Guide to North Atlantic Seabirds - Vol 4 - Shearwaters, Jouanin's & White-chinned Petrels; Flood & Fisher/Scillypelagics; 'any day now'
Oiseaux du Maroc / Birds of Morocco; Bergier/Thévenot/Qninba/Houllier; SEOF Editions; expected 2020

Anticipated next:
Multimedia Identification Guide to North Atlantic Seabirds - Vol 4 - Shearwaters, Jouanin's & White-chinned Petrels; Flood & Fisher/Scillypelagics; 'any day now'

Where are you getting this information from, I can find nothing relating to this title other than it's not publsihed yet but was due in March?

Last edited:
A request for info more or less;
In a bibliography somewhere I saw this:
Ahlström,P. & Mild,K. (In prep), Larks of Europe, Asia and North America, Helm, London
Anyone with any knowledge?

A request for info more or less;
In a bibliography somewhere I saw this:
Ahlström,P. & Mild,K. (In prep), Larks of Europe, Asia and North America, Helm, London
Anyone with any knowledge?

Maybe you should write to Per Alström and asked him what happened to this book project. AFAIK this book was first announced in 2003 but was never published.

Maybe you should write to Per Alström and asked him what happened to this book project. AFAIK this book was first announced in 2003 but was never published.

Never happened. But it did in fact morph into this:

Larks of the World by Paul Donald and Per Alström
Illustrated by Faansie Peacock and Bill Zetterström

which is close to completion. The plates are sensational ...

This publishes in November next year.

That's the wife's Christmas present sorted! B :)

I can't find any info on this title at all?

Hi Jim,

I would be curious to know if you could tell us anything about Birds of Brazil by Zimmer or Birds of Argentina by Pearman. Are both still scheduled for publication?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back