• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Accipitridae sp. (Central Spain) (1 Viewer)

In picture 0640 it has a protrouding head and looks quite fat, that can't be a sparrowhawk if that are the options. But wait for the pros :)

I think Goshawk after a considerable effort trying to view the images.

I made a composite for others to save them the same effort!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 23.52.29.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 23.52.29.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 108
And me,

thanks for that Steve but that is what should have been done by the poster.

Sadly many do not have the facilities or software to edit pictures to the quality Steve has Andy. Also I have found that attempts at rather amateurish pre-post editing that have sometimes been posted often on here render the original 'unable to edit further/re-edit.' No offence intended.

IF there is barring on underparts (any of the editors seeing it too?) this has to be a sparrowhawk since it has boldly barred remiges. only a young gos - with streaking on underparts - would also show this kind of remiges barring.

IF there is barring on underparts (any of the editors seeing it too?) this has to be a sparrowhawk since it has boldly barred remiges. only a young gos - with streaking on underparts - would also show this kind of remiges barring.

I can see some barring on the secondaries in the first pic (upper left corner in the composite) but the overall shape with small hand, big breast, head protruding are just too good for Gos, so maybe a younger one, artefacts or even a juvenile (cannot see any details on the breast)

I don't know whether this is helpful, but when I lightened up the composite photo a little bit more detail seemed to appear.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 42
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back