• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon Manufacturer Refurbished Products on Ebay (1 Viewer)

Winterdune

Hi all,

Thought I'd share my experience of buying a refurbished EOS7D on ebay from the seller canon_uk1 - which is the authorised Canon refurb shop. I purchased the camera on Saturday. It said 5-7 working days for delivery but I received it on the following Tuesday - two working days. I was concerned about what sort of condition it would be in. Everything looked brand new except the plug for the charger. So I used eoscount.com to find how many times the shutter had been released. The count was 115. So basically I got a near-as-dammit new 7D with full one year manufacturer's warranty for several hundred pounds less than the cheapest new non-grey import price I could find. In short, I am a happy bunny and would thoroughly recommend the ebay refurb outlet!

Sean

Nice to know, Sean, I look on canon_uk1 quit often to see what’s going on, sadly I don’t have an account but I still get bargains elsewhere :)

Jim

I agree about the level of service from them. I ordered a camera from them late last Friday and it arrived at about 10am on Monday morning. The camera looked like new, the only clue to it being a refurb was the sticker on the box!

I have an ebay account but don't use it and unfortunately for people like me they only deal with anyone that has a number of ebay transactions under their belt.

I have an ebay account but don't use it and unfortunately for people like me they only deal with anyone that has a number of ebay transactions under their belt.

Are you sure about that ? I would have thought that as a seller they would be quite happy if you paid by Paypal and maybe that's why you can't buy from them as you don't have a Paypal account ?

True I don't do paypal but it wasn't that as you can always pay other ways on ebay. I did try to bid on something a long while back so I can't remember exactly the specifics but I think the gist in the message that came up was that I hadn't logged enough activity on ebay and thus was not allowed to bid, never mind pay for anything.

Some good buys on there at the moment. 600D with IS kit lens for £400, 60D body only for £550 and 7D body only for £750.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back