• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Zeiss scope in January 07? (1 Viewer)

Lewie

A retail WWW site advertised that in January of 2007 Zeiss is coming out with a combination scope and digital camera, in one package. They even had a price; I believe it was $1899. It did not appear that the camera was removable. I have not found that on other sites. Anyone heard about that?

Lew

Lewie said:

Yes, it is a digital camera plus a 40x eyepiece in the 85mm scope. It is used like a regular eyepiece, but you don't have to do any changing. (Unless you prefer another magnification.) I think a 30xW combined with the camera would be preferable. It is, however, 30x in the 65 mm scope. So I guess they had to come up with a compromise. As 30x in the larger scope would have resulted in a rather low mag in the smaller one.

Last edited:
zeiss DC4

r.r.p. in the UK is £990 incl vat. Well documented in BF as Mr Bright points out and I believe Mr P Hackett is demonstrating one this coming weekend.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back