• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hawke Frontier ED X or Viking ED FF (1 Viewer)

Number4

Hello

As a long time reader/stalker of the board I have found it interesting and helpful on many occasion. With regard to the in depth reviews and differing opinions on the vast range of binoculars available. So thank you to those who have contributed, which I guess also brings me to my own contemplation..

Ive been an admirer of the Frontier ED X since I first found out about them. However having recently had the opportunity to try the Viking ED FF I was very impressed indeed, especially compared to the ED-S.

So my question to those with more knowledge and experience of both binoculars than myself is - how do the 10x42’s Frontier ED X compare to the ED FF?

Any help, advice, experience, wisdom is appreciated.

Joe

Hello

As a long time reader/stalker of the board I have found it interesting and helpful on many occasion. With regard to the in depth reviews and differing opinions on the vast range of binoculars available. So thank you to those who have contributed, which I guess also brings me to my own contemplation..

Ive been an admirer of the Frontier ED X since I first found out about them. However having recently had the opportunity to try the Viking ED FF I was very impressed indeed, especially compared to the ED-S.

So my question to those with more knowledge and experience of both binoculars than myself is - how do the 10x42’s Frontier ED X compare to the ED FF?

Any help, advice, experience, wisdom is appreciated.

Joe

Hello Joe

I was scanning through the hawke optics binocular threads and came across your post and notice you've had no replies for two years. Sadly I do not have the Vikings to test against the ED X's, but I do have the 8x42 ED X's which I have had for over 2 years. I find them absolutely superb in build quality clarity and everything else. I did read a lot of reviews about them before purchasing them. Plus they got 2019 Binoculars of the year on (Best Binocular review). By now you probably have one of the other or even something different. It would interesting to know what have now two years on.

All the best

Tony

I have the 8x32 and often use them even though I have Swaros. I find them to have excellent clarity. My only minor gripe would be I find the focus very sensitive and the lens covers don't always stay on when carrying them.

Hello Joe

I was scanning through the hawke optics binocular threads and came across your post and notice you've had no replies for two years. Sadly I do not have the Vikings to test against the ED X's, but I do have the 8x42 ED X's which I have had for over 2 years. I find them absolutely superb in build quality clarity and everything else. I did read a lot of reviews about them before purchasing them. Plus they got 2019 Binoculars of the year on (Best Binocular review). By now you probably have one of the other or even something different. It would interesting to know what have now two years on.

All the bestest

Tony
Hello Tony
I don't use this forum much . Just come across your post, sorry about the very late reply but better late than never!

I am very pleased with my Viking 8x42 ED FF. I think I got one of the last ones made at a reasonable price.

I am not a serious birder and some of the finer points of optics are a bit lost on me. Having said that I am glad I used the forum for advice. It pointed me to the right choices. Very grateful for that.

I tend to take them on holiday , I really like them. PM me if you wish to discuss further, regards Joe

PS I have just realised the original post from Number4 signed himself Joe. Looks like I have confused things by replying to your post as I am called Joe as well. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back