• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Win Opticron Binoculars answer two questions! (1 Viewer)

A) On-line retail (like B&H) with clear, concise, and specification packed web site; not auction sites like ebay.
B) Selection primarily. I live in a major metropolitan area and there is no decent local retail for binoculars. Retailers carry mostly the same thing which is inexpensive to mid-range product skewed heavily to 10x with some Swarovski offering at the high end. From information I've gathered from postings here, it appears the national retailers provide a wider range of offerings in other states than they do here.

All binoculars I currently have came from an on-line retail purchase and were new goods; and are models I've never seen available thru local retail. I prefer to support local retail, but they have to offer something of value....

CG

a. Camera Land

b. Doug and his crew are always helpful, friendly and efficient. I live about 120 miles from Long Island and I usually get my purchase (I've also purchased cameras from them) in 2 days.

Bob

Clifton cameras.

Wide selection of binoculars,competitive prices, well organized website, decent finance options, helpful and friendly staff, reliable and fast delivery, promotions often available.

a) Clifton Cameras, UK

b) I have limited choices locally, so Clifton are my preferred online option. Excellent website and friendly, knowledgeable, telephone sales.

1). London Camera Exchange, Winchester.

2). They organise optics events at Titchfield Haven, my local nature reserve.

Dave W

1. Cley Spy, Norfolk

2. Close enough for a day trip. Great birding just down the road. They genuinely seem to love what they do, and that's hooking people up with the best optics for the desired use and price.

A- CleySpy, Norfolk

B- Good selection, good field testing conditions and helpful, informed customer service/advice.

A) Clifton Cameras, Gloucestershire

B) Conveniently situated on the way to Slimbridge, they stock most things I want to purchase, their web site is better than most, their prices are reasonable, they are friendly and knowledgeable, and anything coming mail order arrives on time in pristine condition.

1. B&HPhotovideo.com

2. They have a decent selection, and a good return policy if the optics don’t work with my trifocals.

A) Cley Spy, Norfolk
B) Friendly & knowledgeable staff, super range of optics and excellent location for testing optics.

Thanks to everyone that responded to the poll. I'll collate the results and publish some sort of summary of the findings in due course.

Cheers, Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back