• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ultrafire H-G3, A good, fairly cheap green LED torch (1 Viewer)

Hi all,

I have owned a Fenix TK32 for a couple of years. The white beam is excellent on high power, and the Green LED, although less powerful, also gives a good view with less disturbance to animals.

So, I done some research and found the following torch.. Ultrafire H-G3, which is a simpler design, just on/off switch. Just Green LEDs.

It's pretty good, much more powerful than the Fenix Green LED, a better focus too.

(It's not as strong as the Fenix's White LEDs on full power)

For the price (£22) I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely recommend if you go out at night!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UltraFire-Wavelength-Professional-Waterproof-Flashlight/dp/B0752HZ2Y5

Proof that animals tend to be accepting of green LED!
Good battery life too.
The only thing I don't like, is that you can't half press the power button to turn on. You have to click it on before it lights, then click it off. Bat surveys, I prefer a brief flash of light, one press instead of two. Adds up when you are surveying several hundred Daubenten's passes!

Attachments

• IMG_20190718_215855-1190x1190.jpg
    IMG_20190718_215855-1190x1190.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 17
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back