• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unusual behaviour? (1 Viewer)

Cathy H

Cathy H
Hi all,

It seems our remaining song thrush is still about although not singing (yet).

We've had our first siskin visit yesterday for a few weeks, and added to that was our first ever male brambling. You may remember we had our firsy female some time ago but now a male has appeared. I wonder...would he have been travelling with the siskin???

Now then, my reason for this post......this afternoon, we watched our regular male GSW.....but he was feeding from the bird table!!!! I've never seen this before, has anyone else? Needless to sat he flew away before I could get my camera. Typical!!!

Cheers, :hi: B :) B :)

Hi Cathy,

I suspect the Brambling and Siskin turning up at the same time was probably coincidental, but who knows!

As to the GSW - yes we've had them at the table before, even had a Father feeding his 2 youngsters with dampened bread which was on the table once. That was about 9 years ago and we've moved since then and it's only to the nuts that they've gone since, but I've no doubt someone else has quite possibly seen them also, we'll soon see. Delighted you got the chance to watch him though Cathy, well spotted (excuse the pun)!

Hi Cathy.

I've never seen a GSW on my table, but I've seen them regularly on the table in Clumber Park.

All the best.
Baz.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back