• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Robin Behaviour (1 Viewer)

Judo

Hi All,
These two little beauties were feeding in my garden several times yesterday, and the one on the left was feeding the other one! (I wasn't lucky enough to get that shot!! :C )Now I know it's not a baby, so can you tell me why this was happening? Is it a 'courtship' thing? and who would be feeding whom? Thanks for your help.
All the best, Judo.

Attachments

• Robins.jpg
    Robins.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 72
Judo said:
Hi All,
These two little beauties were feeding in my garden several times yesterday, and the one on the left was feeding the other one! (I wasn't lucky enough to get that shot!! :C )Now I know it's not a baby, so can you tell me why this was happening? Is it a 'courtship' thing? and who would be feeding whom? Thanks for your help.
All the best, Judo.

It's lurve, male feeds female - sob sob my Robins have deserted me.

Hi Judo.

I agree with Chris: I saw two Blue Tits exhibiting the same behaviour the other day. All together now, " Love is in the air, everywhere you look around,............."

All the best.
Baz.

Hi Judo,

What a great picture! :t: It's definately courtship, the male feeds the Female.
Both my robins appeared together on my bird table last week feeding on the mealworms. Lovely site to see. :D

[

Hi Chris, Baz & Dale,
Thanks a lot guys, I thought it must have something to do with courtship but had never seen it before. It's nice to know it's the male feeding the female, makes a change!! it's usually the other way round! ;) LOL
All the best, Judo.

Hi Dizzy & Lydia,
Thank you so much. I'm sorry it's taken so long to reply to you, I've been having problems with my computer and getting back on line.
All the best, Judo.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back