• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (7 Viewers)

Slender-billed Flufftail two days ago in Madagascar - it took 4 hours of wading though thigh-deep saw sedge marsh to nail it, but superb views once we did so.

Last week in the Netherlands, Caspian Stonechat - Saxicola maurus variegatus (Vlieland) and Siberian Stonechat - Saxicola maurus (Texel) .

Two days in on our drive from Darwin to Cairns (with four day stop off in Townsville) not done too badly considering not birding properly. Lifers so far Crested Pigeon; Spinifex Pigeon; Apostlebird; Australian Magpie; Budgie;Cockateal; Zebra Finch and White plumed Honeyeater.

Black redstart, on a fence at Strumble Head, Pembrokeshire. Another one ticked off my informal list of species I should have seen in the UK but have only seen abroad.

Ortolan Bunting.

Last bird on our trip to France in August. Seen just on the edge of an "industrial wasteland" outside the Charles de Gaule airport!

Red-breasted Nuthatch - today. Blown in with the storm and my 100th yard bird.
:t:

I can't help but be astonished at this - how unusual this bird could be in S.C. (only about a day's drive south, for me). Mind you, you'd probably feel the same way about the utter lack of Titmice and Carolina Wrens at my feeders.

How you have coped all your life without seeing one? I would be, to borrow a term from across the pond, "gutted." Of all the birds I have met, these definitely have the most engaging personalities.

P.C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back