• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eye Cups (1 Viewer)

dries1

I ordered the Superior S Eye cups part # 7636 from Nikon by phone the other day for my SE 10X42 and they came in a few days, wow. If I said Premier Se I would have had to send them in for Rubber Eye cup replacement. That was fast from Nikon.
Anyone know how to replace these I don't want to screw up anything.

I figured it out. Everything is good with the SE.

A.W.

Last edited:
You just pull off the old ones and push on the new ones. Go slowly and gently and it should be fine.

More importantly, it is good to know, now 4 years later, that Nikon is still following these two completely different polices for Premier SE versus Superior E eyecup replacement, even though they are really the same thing. Ask for the former and you have to send in your bin. Ask for the latter and they send the cup in the mail for free.
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?p=3064820&highlight=nikon+superior+eyecup#post3064820

--AP

Last edited:
Alexis, thanks again for the info, much appreciated.
You are right, one would think by now it would have been resolved.

A.W.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back