• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Objective Covers (1 Viewer)

dries1

I have a few Nikon binos that need decent objective covers for, since four only have the plastic caps they came with, and one needs a replacement.

Nikon EII
Nikon SE
Nikon 8X32 & 10X42 LX same size as the (LX L)
Nikon EDG - The rubber objective covers will not stay shut.

If any one has/had these binos, and have bought good objective covers, any information is appreciated. I can also be reached by PM.

regards,
A.W.

I have a few Nikon binos that need decent objective covers for, since four only have the plastic caps they came with, and one needs a replacement.

Nikon EII
Nikon SE

If any one has/had these binos, and have bought good objective covers, any information is appreciated. I can also be reached by PM.

regards,
A.W.

I use Swarovski SLC objective covers on my 10x42 SE and 32 mm covers from Eagle Optics on my 8x32 SE. You have to be careful removing them because the rubber guard around the Objectives can come off and you don't want to lose that.

I use strap on rubber objective covers from Eagle Optics on my 8x32 and 10x32 LX Ls. They work fine.

The rubber objective covers on my EDG won't stay shut either. I never found any objective cover of that design that worked right!

The E2 is hopeless. Nothing else will fit it. The only time they are on is when the binocular is in its case. Some how I have managed to keep the ones that came with it.

Bob

Nikon EII
Nikon SE

regards,
A.W.
A friend recently received two 8X32 SE objective covers free from Nikon. Just ask for them.

A friend recently received two 8X32 SE objective covers free from Nikon. Just ask for them.

That is nice, but those simple covers are largely useless, as you know.

I also have some EO or similar Vortex medium tethered covers, they are
in use rather than the Nikon covers that sit in the unused bag or lost.

Jerry

regards,
A.W.

The EDG covers have two "lips", but they are not readily seen. You need to push the covers on *very* firmly. If you don't push them on far enough, they will look like they are in the right position, but in fact they are not, and they will not stay on. If however you push them to the second lip seal, you will see that they form a near hermetic seal, and indeed stay on quite well.

The EDG covers have two "lips", but they are not readily seen. You need to push the covers on *very* firmly. If you don't push them on far enough, they will look like they are in the right position, but in fact they are not, and they will not stay on. If however you push them to the second lip seal, you will see that they form a near hermetic seal, and indeed stay on quite well.

Thanks Phil, that is something I will look form Much Appreciated.

A.W.

Objective covers

Jerry

You are so right about that. Looks like Vortex.

A.W.

Jerry
Actually, the originals have been used for nearly 14 years on my 8X32 SE. When they became loose I simply added a ring of electrical tape around the objective housing. The fit is nice and tight, requiring effort to remove. Looks pretty good too!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back