Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Sony RX10 1V the new boy.

Old Sunday 11th November 2018, 23:41   #176
Skean

So I have this image:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pi_bir...blic/lightbox/
With an additional thought on this or any other bridge camera in general. Lighting and distance from subject are of the utmost importance to getting an excellent shot. That said the camera lens and focusing system are certainly important and I believe, based on the couple of weeks I have used this camera, anyone who has digiscoped or has used a bridge camera with success will very much enjoy and find it easy to use this camera to get great shots. I am not even trying and the camera makes up for the lack of effort. 600mm is not great reach but having a fast/sharp lens and bigger sensor (for a bridge camera) IMHO goes a long way to making this camera the camera to bring along on a wide variety of trips.
The most important thing about any camera you use is that you enjoy the experience!
Good luck to all on any path you choose!!
Richard Messer a.k.a Skean
Old Monday 12th November 2018, 12:36   #177
Chris.S

Had fun watching this Little Swift flying within feet at Hartlepool today. Took plenty of pics but it was difficult following it at times and almost impossible to follow when there was a darker background, mainly rocks and pavement, but think i did pretty well to follow it. Pretty heavy crops too and the images are still decent.

Chris.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04484.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	679989  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04750.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	679990  
Old Monday 12th November 2018, 18:31   #178
Steve Babbs
Steve Babbs

For anyone used to cameras like the Canon HS50/60 this is a totally different league. The issue is whether it is a replacement for a SLR and lens. For me it is. But I haven't been quite brave enough to sell my SLR gear yet. I suspect the lens will be on the market after what is likely to be a largely nocturnal trip to the Western Sahara next year. Noise at high ISO is definitely an issue but I don't find the autofocus much inferior to a Canon 7D mark ii + 100 - 400 mark ii although it is definitely not quite as good.

@SteveBabbs
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: