Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

How to catch Snipe?

Old Tuesday 2nd January 2018, 21:16   #1
thomasclark1985

How to catch Snipe?

Hi,

I have recently got into bird ringing and currently have a T-permit, so I have little experience, and what experience I do have is of passerines. Recently I have found an area that holds c50 snipe, and might consider trying to ring them. I was just wondering what the best method is for catching them? I have heard you can use a pole and net with a light in darkness, and other kinds of traps/nets. Obviously I cant do this without my trainer but thought Id just ask here to see what method seems to be the most successful. They are in an estuarine habitat, on a salt marsh, if that changes anything.

Cheers,

Tom
Old Monday 22nd January 2018, 09:13   #2
citrinella

What size of team were you thinking of (in general terms) ?

Mike.
Old Saturday 23rd June 2018, 03:07   #3
Toconn87

We used to snipe hunt when I was young...but it was always just a fun game.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: