• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A few from Melling Liverpool UK (this week) (1 Viewer)

Hi all

Just want conformation if these guys for my 2019 list cheers.

1 and 2 - I Thought at first that it may be a juvenile Goldfinch but after looking again I think it might be a juvenile Greenfinch?

3 - Is this a Fieldfare? I think the underwing pattern points that way - am I right?

4 - After looking back at this set of photos (the bird was a fair distance away) I'm not too sure which one of the Thrush family this is.

Any help appreciated as always thanks.

Attachments

• finch-01.jpg
    finch-01.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 92
  • finch-02.jpg
    finch-02.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 53
  • fieldfare.jpg
    fieldfare.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 107
  • thrush.jpg
    thrush.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 104
First 2 greenfinch (note overall slightly brownish green colour combined with yellow wing flashes). 3rd = fieldfare. 4th is female blackbird

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back