• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wonderful baby SWAROVSKI 8x20B-P Pocket (1 Viewer)

Alexandr33

Ukraine
Greetings, friends - lovers of birds and binoculars!
I'm from Ukraine. Please forgive me for writing through Google translator.
My name is Sasha, and I have long dreamed of having the smallest pocket binoculars from the famous brand SWAROVSKI.
Despite my small incomes, I do not live in a rich but incredibly beautiful and freedom-loving country Ukraine, I realized a long-standing dream and recently acquired SWAROVSKI 8x20B-P Pocket.
According to the woman seller, the binoculars were sold in perfect condition. Unfortunately, after the purchase it was not quite true. This I noticed only in the morning on the second day in good light on the street.
*Despite the seemingly excellent image in the binoculars, in some places the whiteness and blurred image was felt. When I looked at the light from the back of the binoculars, I saw “milky” divorces inside. Or in other words, “snowflake patterns” and small “wadded clouds”.
As a result, I was very upset, so I saved up money for the purchase for several months. Upset did not even realize to take a picture. Began to look for a way out, how to fix binoculars. In Ukraine, nobody is engaged in the qualified repair of SWAROVSKI. I had to look abroad.
After registering and writing a letter with the serial number of the binoculars to the Swarovski service, I quickly received an answer - send for repair to Austria SWAROVSKI OPTIK KG, Daniel-Swarovski-Straße 70, 6067 Absam.
The answer was incredibly fast, - "Send for repair." And on the same day, 12/26/2018 sent. Well, that has not spent all his salary to celebrate the New Year. Shipment for me was not cheap. Now it remains with anxiety to wait for a response from the service how much the repair will cost me.
Here's an ambush - I got into trouble for Christmas. But I am an optimist in life and I hope for the best, especially since the SWAROVSKI 8x20B-P Pocket is worth it to fight for it and not lose hope!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 243
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 101
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Privyet i dobro pozhalovats! I hope Swarovski will clean and return your lovely pocket binocular at no further expense, and you will have many years of enjoyment from it. Where will you take it, and what do you like to observe?

Don’t worry, Swarovski is world-famous for its customer service, and you will get back binoculars just as good as new.

Privyet i dobro pozhalovats! I hope Swarovski will clean and return your lovely pocket binocular at no further expense, and you will have many years of enjoyment from it. Where will you take it, and what do you like to observe?

Greetings, TENEX!
For me, small binoculars are of great importance in everyday life. I as a person and as a photographer lead an active lifestyle. Since my vision is far from perfect with age, pocket binoculars will serve me as a good helper for observation. You can say, why not wear glasses? But I have a problem with them. Already need two pairs for the near and far viewing. Which is not very convenient. I have an additional branded diopter unit on my Nikon camera. And with his help, I perfectly see that it is worth taking a picture. But it’s impossible to look at the World (current life) most of the time through a camera lens.
And where I live and work, there is something to look at through binoculars. In Ukraine, beautiful nature. Very beautiful city of Kiev and the life in it is active and interesting.
Just a little binoculars will come in handy for me when I walk with a Yorkshire terrier dog named Yasha. Almost every day we take long walks along the beautiful Dnieper River.
In the warm season I ride a mountain bike or electric skateboard.
I spend my holidays in nature in little-populated areas. There are many forests, meadows, natural fields and rivers.
So, if they fix the binoculars to me, it will not be gathering dust on the shelf!
-=-
Hi fazalmajid!
Thanks for the kind words. I hope that the binoculars will be repaired and it will be my constant companion.

Attachments

• AAB_7240_1.JPG
    AAB_7240_1.JPG
    521.6 KB · Views: 145
  • AAB_6828.JPG
    AAB_6828.JPG
    638.4 KB · Views: 173
  • AAB_7831.JPG
    AAB_7831.JPG
    696.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    266 KB · Views: 143
  • AAC_0200.JPG
    AAC_0200.JPG
    592.8 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Hooray! Great news. I am delighted with Swarovski’s concern for their consumers. Swarovski is a great brand.
There was a desire to have also top (alpha) Swarovski binoculars.
I will earn money to buy this year's new Swarovski EL 8x32 WB binoculars
Swarovski literal answer:
"Dear Alexander Senko,
We will repair your product free of charge. We will start the repair work shortly and let you know as soon as your product has been repaired and shipped to you.
Case no: 00052119
Product: Pocket 8x20 B UP
Serial number: ..."

Alexander, that is great news. Swarovski's customer service is second to none. Your binoculars will come back to you like new. Enjoy them.

MandoBear, thank! I did not even expect such loyalty. When I get out of the repair, I will write here about my impressions with this very small little Swarovski binoculars :)

Service Swarovsky

Greetings, friends!
Ten days ago I received binoculars from the repair. Service Swarovsky was unsurpassed.
From the repair I received the binoculars as new, including even a handbag. I just admired the company Swarovski. Thank you so much!
Attaching photo.

Attachments

• BBA_0527_1.jpg
    BBA_0527_1.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 69
  • BBA_0529.jpg
    BBA_0529.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 49
  • BBA_0533.jpg
    BBA_0533.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 82
  • BBA_0539.jpg
    BBA_0539.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 70
  • BBA_0541.jpg
    BBA_0541.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 62
One more photo

Attachments

• BBA_0547.jpg
    BBA_0547.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 29
  • BBA_0550.jpg
    BBA_0550.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 26
  • BBA_0555.jpg
    BBA_0555.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 29
  • BBA_0559.jpg
    BBA_0559.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 30
  • BBA_0565.jpg
    BBA_0565.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 34
Swarovsky's native handbag is good, but when you get binoculars from it, each time from the folded position, you must adjust the distance of the eyepieces of the binoculars between the eyes.
For half an hour I sewed a soft handbag - a cover made of winter, soft and thick denim.
Now you can quickly get binoculars without setting up immediately.
Ps. This is the smallest model of binoculars in Swarovski is extremely convenient for the constant presence with me in all cases of life. Well, except maybe sleep :)

Attachments

• BBA_0589_1200.jpg
    BBA_0589_1200.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 41
  • BBA_0593.jpg
    BBA_0593.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 32
  • BBA_0594.jpg
    BBA_0594.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 41
I'm very happy that you received your binoculars back from Swarovski in such great condition - and I had no doubts that you would. I know they's expensive binoculars, but included in the price is the best customer service in the industry, in my opinion. I hope you have very many years of enjoyment from your baby Swaro's.

What result has the little Swaro given him?
Wachi
Due to the nature of machine translation, I did not quite understand the question. "What was the result?"
In appearance has become new. Optics Grbok and clouds are gone. I got the impression that they replaced all the optics with the latest generation optics of these binoculars. Including the lens coating itself.
And more about impressions about using 8x20B-P Pocket
The image is very bright, contrast. Excellent resolution and detail. The picture draws live with good natural color. Eightfold is good for small binoculars, binoculars do not tremble in their hands.
It is very important to position the eyepieces in front of the eye pupils.
The disadvantages of this binoculars are not many. Under certain lighting conditions, it is very easy to care in a cold tone due to color perception. But just a little bit and not always. The second factor, in low light at dusk or at night, the darkest details are not visible, which can be seen for example in 8x32 binoculars.
Total As the smallest of Svarovsky binoculars, it is extremely convenient for carrying around with you. For me personally, he also replaces glasses for seeing the world from a couple of meters to infinity.
PS In the coming weeks I am going to participate as a photographer in a vocal gala concert with modern lighting. Be sure to look at the scene through this binoculars!
PSS A couple of photos in the attachment, taken with a smartphone through 8x20B-P Pocket.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    605.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 46
Alexandr33 I have had excellent service from SONA Swarovski of North American in the U.S as well!! I really like your pictures esp. I notice your dog likes to climb trees and ride motorcycles with the girls .;) Forgot to say excellent pictures all!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back