• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A simple but good urban birding experience (1 Viewer)

lgonz1008

United States
Did some small casual birding over the weekend while going around my business of social distancing. I was around probably one of the least birdiest areas of Miami, yet I still managed to see over 10 species, including 3 parakeet species, Mitred, Red-masked and Blue-crowned Parakeet.

Not an amazing experience, but when birding these days and in urban areas, you take what you can get.

Anyone else had a simple but good urban birding experience recently?

If anyone wants the full list or the location so they can try themselves, click on the link: https://ebird.org/checklist/S69500175

Good for you.....just go out and walk around and you can create a birding / nature experience anytime you are about. I have made it a practice, each day.....to find those moments. I either write about them or reflect upon them at the end of the day. Today I saw a nice Pine Warbler digging around some leaves and then up in a small berry plant in a nature park. Yesterday I saw a male house finch feeding two juveniles. I find it is not the finding of new species or the 'greatest number' in any outing that thrills me, rather,...to find those moments. Just as you have... Enjoy

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back