• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Binoculars (1 Viewer)

I understand these to be Chinese made binoculars and well suited to astronomy rather than dicky birding given the weight and high powers e.g. 20x80. They are IIRC multicoated, absurdly big, and excellent value for money. They won't give the same image quality as Leica/Zeiss/Swarovski/Nikon but then again they cost a fraction of the price.

I believe that Opticron in the UK sell something similar. Yet another reason why I avoid going into binocular shops!

The Astromart forum has some user comments.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back