• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandpiper in Nebraska (1 Viewer)

Tero

Retired
United States
My reviewer was not convinced it is a Baird's. I have put in one more picture of the tail sticking up. He has not looked at that yet. Legs seem to be dark but never saw the legs well. it is the sandpiper in all the pictures in this eBird list, the plover is a piping plover. That has a complete ring in our inland subspecies.

(Reviewer mentioned another sandpiper but I won's say what as it may confuse thinking)

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44661682

It's Baird's. The birds were quite far, just barely photographable but I've often found that shorebird size comparison, though useful to have two birds, somehow often fails even side by side.

We have some semipalmated around, but least is barely here yet. And it is too small for pectoral.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back