• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Index for ID Q&A (1 Viewer)

I've just revived the index and will add threads where people have taken the time to explain why a bird is a particular species as I find them. Feel free to suggest good candidates

Hi Jane, a truly great thread, I use it lots. I think ive found a wrong link though. I was looking up Bean Goose,***Bean Goose and got Californian Gnatcatcher.

Andy

Can we have soemthing similar in the gallery section?

Whoops!

I'll have a go at correcting it... but not now, it takes concentration

Hi Jane,

This is a useful thread. Wonder if we could have something similar for the gallery? There are so many photographs that probably will never be seen again unless there is a way to categorize them. Was wondering if there could be link that will show all photos of a bird (say a robin / blue tit /...).

Or if it already exists, please let me know.
Thanks<
Jaysan

Hi Jane,

This is a useful thread. Wonder if we could have something similar for the gallery? There are so many photographs that probably will never be seen again unless there is a way to categorize them. Was wondering if there could be link that will show all photos of a bird (say a robin / blue tit /...).

Or if it already exists, please let me know.
Thanks<
Jaysan

Hi Jaysan

Yes, it does exist. If you search for the bird in Opus - example HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see that there's a link to search the Gallery.

D

Glad you found it OK Jaysan.

It does, of course, rely on photographers completing the scientific name field, though Gallery Mods will do this, especially for species with few examples in the Gallery, or when it's showing special behaviour etc.

If you're lucky you may find a link to some videos as well.

D

Superb idea Jane - tnx for all the hard work and an original idea - you deserve your own weight;) in Malt Whisky or Red Wine.......or both!

Laurie :t:

Hi Jane.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but ... the link labelled "** Lesser Black-backed Gull" with the note "3rd winter, differentiation from Yellow-legged Gull discussed" actually points to a thread re Green Sandpiper and differences from Common Sandpiper.

Very best wishes for a Happy New Year, and thanks again for this great index.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back