• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"New" Sigma 300 2.8......did anyone actually get one? (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
Back in October/November there was lots of anticipation re' this lens.......then it just seemed to fade away.
Was it actually released?
Did anyone on BF get one? (or know someone who knows someone who etc.)

David, I think the rumours were based on an image from a product presentation where somebody grabbed a shot of a screen which purported to contain details of a new 300 f2.8. I can't say that I have seen anything else since that suggests that its release is imminent

Paul

David, I think the rumours were based on an image from a product presentation where somebody grabbed a shot of a screen which purported to contain details of a new 300 f2.8. I can't say that I have seen anything else since that suggests that its release is imminent

Paul

I know of one person who actually had one on order from London Camera as long ago as October??

I know of one person who actually had one on order from London Camera as long ago as October??
Are you getting it mixed up with the new/updated Sigma 120-300/2.8 ? The new model is released and is a S(sports) Model.

A new Sigma 300/2.8 prime has been muted by Sigma but no availability date or further specs yet - I doubt that anyone would be taking advanced orders yet!!

Are you getting it mixed up with the new/updated Sigma 120-300/2.8 ? The new model is released and is a S(sports) Model.

A new Sigma 300/2.8 prime has been muted by Sigma but no availability date or further specs yet - I doubt that anyone would be taking advanced orders yet!!

Roy
Sorry......I went in hospital for a "small operation" which went pearshaped so I missed this reply. You are (as usual) absolutely correct.......I was getting my wires crossed and was confusing 2 lenses. I now see the other threads which answer my question.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back