• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Call for photographs (1 Viewer)

Neil Morris

I am currently in involved in a project in Qatar for which we urgently need photographs of the following species. Ideally we would like images of birds taken in Qatar itself, but we are struggling to find them. Hence I wanted to widen the net and ask if anyone has taken pics of these species in areas adjacent to Qatar, e.g. the eastern Saudi. The species we still need images of are:

• Whooper Swan Cygnus Cygnus
  • Ruddy Shelduck Tadorna ferruginea
  • Eurasian Wigeon Anas Penelope
  • Tufted Duck Aythya fuligula
  • Western Great Egret Ardea alba alba
  • Hen Harrier Circus cyaneus cyaneus
  • Steppe Buzzard Buteo buteo vulpinus
  • Steppe Eagle Aquila nipalensis
  • Lanner Falcon Falco biarmicus
  • Peregrine Falcon Falco (peregrinus) peregrinus
  • Common Swift Apus apus
  • Eurasian Crag Martin Ptyonoprogne rupestris
  • Common House Martin Delichon urbicum
  • Sykes’s Warbler Iduna rama
  • Desert Whitethroat Sylvia minula
  • Caspian Stonechat Saxicola maurus variegatus
  • Richard’s Pipit Anthus (novaeseelandiae) richardi
  • Meadow Pipit Anthus pratensis
  • Eurasian Siskin Carduelis spinus

Please send any images to me privately at "tarsiger at ntlworld dot com" and I will be pleased to explain the project. Thank you.

Neil

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back