• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

grate tits left box (1 Viewer)

MJS WARLORD

Hello to anyone who answers this , 7 great tits left my bird box today after been fed for 18 days.

The bird box has a removable bottom to empty it but some none bird watches told me you are not supposed to take the old nest out , they say the next parents will empty it .

What is the right thing to do.

Hi MJS

I've moved your thread to the "Garden Birds, Bird Feeding & Nestboxes" section of the Forum. You are subcribed to this thread so anytime someone posts a reply to your question, you will be notified of that post through your email ;)

Hello to anyone who answers this , 7 great tits left my bird box today after been fed for 18 days.

The bird box has a removable bottom to empty it but some none bird watches told me you are not supposed to take the old nest out , they say the next parents will empty it .

What is the right thing to do.
Me personally after the birds had left I,d Take the old nest out of the box of course remembering to protect your hands and yourself from any parasites or creepy crawlies that might be Inside.

Wait a month or two before removing it - sometimes some or all of them may return for the night if the weather's bad. The usual recommendation is to remove old nests in the autumn or winter.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back