• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

IOC World Bird List v4.3 (1 Viewer)

These come thick and fast these days! How are you all transferring sightings from one version to another?!

Cheers
McM

These come thick and fast these days! How are you all transferring sightings from one version to another?!

Cheers
McM

I keep in a database and work out programatically what has changed between versions and then manually decide which transactions to apply to the database to bring into sync (as much as I want to anyway) and at same time handle resultant splits/lumps of any affected sightings.

I've been using eBird which is based on the Cornell University list (James F Clements). They, too, are about to announce their annual update. Fortunately, the changes all happen automatically on eBird. The only change I've noticed in my list was that California clapper rail has become Ridgway's Rail - Rallus obsoletus. The 'split' hasn't affected my total list as I hadn't seen any other clapper rails.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back