• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

IOC World Bird List v5.4 (1 Viewer)

Perhaps it would be more realistic to start off with a square table, but with an aim to at least round off some of the sharpest corners... :t:

No suggestion for what they're doing with the remaining race of New Zealand Robin which is split in to North and South Island, will presumably become Stewart Island.....?

Andy

Last edited:
New Zealand Robin

No suggestion for what they're doing with the remaining race of New Zealand Robin which is split in to North and South Island, will presumably become Stewart Island.....?
IOC World Bird List cites Gill et al 2010 (OSNZ) and H&M4, which both retain rakiura as a subspecies of South Island Robin Petroica [australis] australis.

See also Powlesland 2013 (NZ Birds Online).

Last edited:
Does anyone know a way to load the new master list and not have to physically re-input all info held on previous versions?

At the moment I do it all manually, copy paste etc.

Andy

Does anyone know a way to load the new master list and not have to physically re-input all info held on previous versions?

At the moment I do it all manually, copy paste etc.

Andy

Use a database where someone else does the work for you ;) I have more or less decided that Scythebill is my database of the future. The price is right (free) and the support has been good so far. http://blog.scythebill.com/

Niels

Thanks Niels,
I do use Scythebill but you still have to physically input your own data to generate a list. What I do with the to accumulate the list total in IOC is simply add another column and assign each species a value of 1 allowing the autosum function to provide the total.

My World list is pretty modest at c3000 but it's still a bit of work to update any new applications. Scythebill is probably the best place now to download country and even some state species lists.

Thanks again, Andy

IOC 5.4 and Scythebill

Since I've been summoned by a mention ;) , a quick note that Scythebill 12.6 was released yesterday with support for IOC 5.4.

(I personally managed to visit New Britain, New Ireland, and Manus without more than a heard-only on those Dwarf Kingfishers, alas.)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back