• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rust on Nettles! (1 Viewer)

Pam_m

Walking down a pathway at a reserve last night I noticed that large patches of nettles had rusty coloured spots on them, is this Rust fungi ?

Also very noticeable were nettles smothered in the aphids Whitefly and Greenfly.

Attachments

• P1070747 [].JPG
    P1070747 [].JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 46
Yep.. a rust is a fungal thing that grows on the surface of plant..... and will wipe off... This is something... probably a gall mite, that's getting inside the leaf and deforming it

Thank you very much Dunedin and Quercus! :t:

So it is a Gall mite! I had something similiar on a Willow tree a couple of years ago that is in my garden, the leaves eventually dropped very early.

That is a useful link, Dunedin, thank you.:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back