• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the February/March 2005 Prize Photo Competition sponsored by Carl Zeiss UK (1 Viewer)

Fernando Cerra said:
Hi, for some reason I can not see the contest gallery, the link on your message sends me to a page to upload photos. I don't see anybody complaining, I don't understand what am I doing wrong, can you please repost a link that will take me to the contest gallery?

Thanks
Fernando Cerra
The link in the original post now leads to the actual entry upload page rather the Forum itself.

You can either get to the Competition Gallery as Marmot sugggests or here is a diect link -

Monthly Competition Galley

I'm allowed to enter pics from my gallery (which allready have comments)?!
Or are there only pics allowed, that no one has ever seen before (in BF ;-)?!

degen said:
I'm allowed to enter pics from my gallery (which allready have comments)?!
Or are there only pics allowed, that no one has ever seen before (in BF ;-)?!
Hi degen. You will need to upload a new photo without comments ;)

KCFoggin said:
Hi degen. You will need to upload a new photo without comments ;)

From what I understood of the rules, one is allowed to use a photo which has previously been uploaded into the gallery (as long as it was not entered into any monthly competitions before and matches the other criteria). Am I wrong? Or are you just saying that a new "copy" of an previously uploaded picture must be uploaded? Just for clarification of this.

Thanks.

Taryn o:)

If it has been in a any BF competition before you cannot use it at all.

But if it has been in the gallery just as a "general picture" you can put it in, but with this being a prize competition you cannot have any comments on. Hence you have to re- upload the picture.

And of course it has to apply with all of the rules.

Yep! Marmot sums it up nicely. A copy of a photo already in the Gallery can be used provided it complies with the other rules.

So I can reupload a picture from my gallery pages, even if it has comments there.
Then you can see the same picture on the competition pages, but without comments.
(It is not allowed to get comments on a picture on competition pages)

Hope this is right, or the last pic on my gallery pages was the last one there at all...

Hello Ian F (OR ANY OTHER 'EXPERTS')

How can I modify an entry to one of the competitions - I forgot to put site / county details on. Thanks, Kevin

birder said:

How can I modify an entry to one of the competitions - I forgot to put site / county details on. Thanks, Kevin

I don't think you're infringing the rules to do that - you'd probably better just check first - but to alter the details under any of your photos just open that photo in the gallery then in the details area, just under the row of thumbnails, the righthand-most link says 'edit photo'. Click there and it takes you to the page where you entered those details before originally submitting the shot. Just alter or add your details and 'submit changes'

birder said:

Hi Kevin,

This comes under Rule 9.

"Once uploaded a photo is classed as an entry and cannot be replaced by another shot. However, you have until the closing date / time of this competition to ensure that your photo meets criteria."

So just follow Adey's instructions to amend the text.

Yes, it's positively encouraged that entrants should check their entries before the closing date and amend details if appropriate by using the Edit function and then saving the changes. It saves me the unpleasant task of disqulaifying those that don't comply with the posted rules.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back