• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manfrotto Tripod and head for sigma 500mm (1 Viewer)

woollyback

Folks,

Looking to get the above and want the 501 head as recommended to me (thanks postcardcv), but am a bit confused with the legs. I was going to get the 055 Pro B legs, but then found 055 V legs - is there any difference or is it so obvious that I have missed it completely.

I don't want to end up with something that isn't up to the job.

So is it Pro B or V ??.

Many thanks for any views

Cheers

Rob

woollyback said:
So is it Pro B or V ??.

Hi Rob

I use 055 PRO legs and would recommend them over the 055V. Both sets of legs are big solid tripods that are easily upto the job of supporting your new lens, but... the PRO have one big advantage - it has a splitable central colummn. This might not sound vital, but it does allow you to set you tripod considerably lower than you can with a V. Personally I like to shoot birds at eye level whenever possible, so for waders this means getting low, and the 055PRO allows me to do this.

Hope this helps...

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back