• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Duck fight/birding day. (1 Viewer)

jnicholes

hello,

so, I was out getting pictures of birds today with my camera. I witnessed a fight between two male ducks. They were fighting, on the water. I don't know what they were mad about, but it looked like one duck was trying to drown the other. I got some pictures.

Aside from the duck fight, I got lots of other bird pictures with my camera.

One drawback with my camera. If you want to see the pictures, you have to wait for me to get the film developed. I'm an old school photographer.

I'll post pictures when the film is developed.

Jared

That's funny. I thought the same thing when I saw it. However, they were fighting. Today, I saw two other male ducks picking on a male. I will post the photos. I'm able to get the film in to be developed on the 24th. After that, it will be one or two weeks before I get the pictures posted on the Forum.

Jared

I saw something similar last week between two coots. One of them was continually jumping on the other and holding it underwater. I think a duckicide would have happened if another coot had not come charging out of the reeds and chased away the aggressor. A fight or ducksex, I couldn't say. X-rated stuff, though.

I have a pond next to my house and the male geese/ducks are constantly fighting this time of year. That or they’ll fly up on a house honking like no tomorrow challenging any who dare come near. It’s quite the scene really

can’t wait to see those pictures though!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back