• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Chipmunk in Colorado (1 Viewer)

orientaldkf

Hi all, back again with another mammal to identify. Saw this chipmunk in Rocky Mountains National Park, didn't get a good shot of its side so the stripes on its back are not really visible. Was hoping to see any of you here could hazard a guess on this one - was considering between the least, uinta and colorado chipmunk. Thanks!

Attachments

• chipmunk.jpg
    chipmunk.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 14
I'm confident it isn't Least, which should show a black line below the white flank stripe.

I'm not sure about Uinta.

It does look pretty much like my own photo of Colorado Chipmunk so I'm going with that for now.

John

Was considering Colorado Chipmunk as well as I've seen some pictures of it with faint striping but not too confident about that. Thanks for popping by!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back