• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Favourite Hummingbird (1 Viewer)

Max Levy

I don't know if this has already been done, but what is everyone's favourite hummingbird that they've seen?
I think I'd have to go for Volcano Hummingbird which I saw in Volcan Baru national park, Panama last year. Not the best looking hummer I've seen but still pretty good as well as the tiny size and perfect habitat (I mean a Volcano Hummingbird on a volcano!!) made it something really special. :t:

Whichever one is in my field of view at the time!o:)
Seriously a very difficult question to answer. Maybe the Calliope, I don't see them often, but I really like how the gorget looks like it has strings, and they are so tiny!

Dave, talk about a bad hair day! What a little bill he has for a hummingbird, I'd never seen a photo of one before this.

My favorites:
Of those I have seen I would have to say Green-breasted Mango, though in general my favorite of any bird is the one I am looking at!

Thanks to everyone for their responses, all beautiful hummers. The Bearded Helmetcrest stands out the most for me though, I'd love to see one of those!

I haven't seen many, but I saw these in Dominica, and I so far they are at the top of my list. Purple throated carib and antillean crested (I think).

Attachments

• B0001605_edited-2.jpg
    B0001605_edited-2.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 103
  • B0001715.jpg
    B0001715.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 112
(ref Bearded Helmetcrest) What a little bill he has for a hummingbird, I'd never seen a photo of one before this.

Lisa,
Custom tailored for the small flowers in the Paramo!

All,
Agree Sword-billed (who I spent many unsuccessful hours looking for), Snowcap, Booted Racket-tails, and any Coquetes are really cool birds!

My favorite is the Ruby-throat....cause that is the only one I have ever seen. Wish we did have more species but I am happy just having these around. Amazing little birds.

'Falls' under the category of "Non-Staining Wet Stuff". Our's will end soon. Only to start up again next November. Some times it comes in a cold white solid form. Not too sure about that stuff. Here's an El Nino' shot from June 97.

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 75
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back