• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

C-770UZ not recording in sequence (1 Viewer)

Wickham

Skype username wickham43 (I have video)
At first my camera always recorded the next photo as the next sequential number even if the previous one had been deleted.

I took out the battery and lost the settings, which I have re-set. The camera does start numbering from the previous one but then does it differently.

Let's say I take three photos which it records as nos. 188, 189 and 190. I copy these to my computer and delete them from the camera. The next time I take photos it starts from 188 again whereas before it remembered that it had taken 188 to 190 which had been deleted and started from 191.

It means I now have lots of photos numbered 188 etc on my computer (although the date is normally different it might even be the same date if I had a second photo session the same day).

Is there a setting I have missed to remember the deleted ones and start numbering after them?

Extract from the CD manual:
"File name settings
RESET The file number and folder number are reset every time a new card
is inserted in the camera. The folder number returns to No. 100
and the file number returns to No. 0001. This method is useful
when grouping files on separate cards.
AUTO Even if a new card is inserted, the folder number and file number
are retained from the previous card, so the same file number is not
used on different cards. This helps you to manage multiple cards.
This method is useful when you want to manage all your files with
sequential numbers."

I discovered that I was set on RESET but the numbers had not reset to zero as indicated above. I had not inserted a new card, so I suppose that is why it kept starting from the same number 188. As usual the manual does not cover all eventualities.

I have now set AUTO so I suppose it will continue to number from the last photo even if it has been deleted, like it did before, but the camera will now be out of sync with the computer records as I cannot set it to start from a higher number.

That's life!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back