Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

BUBO listing

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old Tuesday 30th April 2013, 21:27   #1
Reader

BUBO listing

I am currently for the first time actively trying for 300 species in a year in what could be my final year of twitching. Also for the first time I have added my list onto the BUBO lists using the BOU rules.

I am currently second to Lee Evans but looking at his list he has added the Radipole Hooded Merganser and also a Lady A to his list.

The Radipole bird surely has been rejected and I thought that the Lady A is now considered as non sustainable therefore neither can be counted can they, or am I wrong?

BTW I am under no illusion about the fact that I can't compete with Lee as I still work whereas Lee has far more time on his hands to go after many more birds than me (e.g Rock Thrush whilst I was at work).

John

Last edited by Reader : Tuesday 30th April 2013 at 21:32.
Old Wednesday 1st May 2013, 19:36   #2
Phil Andrews
It's only Rock and Roller but I like it

You are, of course, 100% correct on both counts. Unfortunately BUBO dont have time / resources to review the lists and edit. For that you need a policeman of British birding ....
Old Wednesday 1st May 2013, 20:22   #3
Reader

But what on earth does Lee get out of adding these birds to his list. He is ridiculed enough already and he must know that twitchers look at his list and see what he is adding.

It is beyond me.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Andrews View Post
You are, of course, 100% correct on both counts. Unfortunately BUBO dont have time / resources to review the lists and edit. For that you need a policeman of British birding ....
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: